A glamorous extravaganza of music, live bands, DJs and authentic period cocktails.
Curated by Wayne Hemingway MBE, Gerardine Hemingway MBE and the Vintage team.
Celebrate the New Year in iconic style, with
- glamorous pop-up nightclubs, bars and beauty parlours
- dance classes
- 1920s ragtime bands, a 1940s swing orchestra and rock 'n' roll combos
- DJs playing: dance music from the '20s, '30s and '40s, rockabilly from the '50s, soul, funk, disco and house of the '60s, '70s, '80s & '90s, plus pop hits that you just shouldn't love!
Here's a taste of what to expect from our special pop-up venues inside Royal Festival Hall...
THE TORCH CLUB
Hosted by Viv The Spiv
Curated by Snowboy
The very finest entertainment from the 1920s - 1940s, including the UK's number one George Formby impersonator and the famous 18-piece swing orchestra The New Squadronaires.
THE SOUL CASINO
The Soul Casino dance floor reverberates to a string of key innovators playing dance music from deep funk to northern, Motown, rare groove, disco, house, boogie and classic soul.
LET IT ROCK
Hear the greatest '50s rock 'n' roll, rockabilly and original rhythm 'n' blues, plus sing your heart out with rock 'n' roll karaoke, and improve your dance moves by learning the jive or stroll.
THE PICK UP JOINT
Hosted by Kristi International with DJs White Wedding and SInk The Pink
The Pick Up Joint is the perfect '60s-themed bar for all those singles, couples or groups of friends up for letting their hair down, with kitsch prizes and crazy-cool costume changes.
Shortly before midnight the party moves outside to an exclusive area overlooking the Thames, where, weather permitting, you can enjoy London's world-famous New Year's Eve fireworks away from the crowds.
Then head back inside to welcome 2013 in spectacular style. Check our website as we announce the entertainment line-up for the evening.
Oh yes - and don't forget to pick a decade and dress glamorous!
Early bird £65 tickets have now sold out.
Prices now from £100 per person. Early booking is strongly recommended.
DINE IN VINTAGE STYLE
For an extra-special New Year's Eve, you can dine in style with a delicious three-course meal without missing any of the entertainment. By booking a table beside the main ballroom floor of Royal Festival Hall, you and your party have a reserved space for the whole evening. There is one sitting for dining at 8pm.
£139.50 per person including three-course meal and entry to the party (drinks not included).
All early bird dining tickets and whole tables of six have now sold out.
To book individual seats, please phone 0844 847 9910 or visit the Ticket Office in person.
OTHER FOOD AND DRINK
Food and drink is available throughout the night at Central Bar, Riverside Terrace Café, Level 4 Bars, and the Level 6 Members Bar (open to Southbank Centre Members only), serving everything you need to keep you dancing into 2013. We are bringing together the best selection of classic British grub, including -
- Classic British sandwiches. Eat them on the hoof so you don't lose valuable dancing time!
- Hearty soups and stews, including London particular pea and 1970s chicken curry, for inner insulation from the winter weather.
- Yummy puddings to keep your energy levels high.
- Vintage snacks, for a moment's nostalgia.
- Late-night bacon butties, to see you through until dawn.
- Curated cocktails in each nightclub.
Guiding and narration available for blind and visually impaired visitors at this event.