Make a legacy gift
Protect the arts for generations to come by leaving a gift in your will
Since 1951, the Southbank Centre has been a place where everyone can come together for amazing experiences; be a part of that by becoming one of our generous supporters. You'll make a real impact.
By remembering the Southbank Centre in your will, you are helping to ensure our programme of classical and contemporary music, visual art, festivals, theatre, dance, literature and debate continues to challenge and engage future audiences.
- We value all legacy gifts left to us
- Your information will be kept confidential
- We’ll use your gift efficiently to open up the arts to everyone
- You can change your mind at any time about leaving us a legacy
If you do choose to leave a legacy gift to the Southbank Centre, we’ll welcome you to a thank you event in the year you bequeath it. And, if you’re happy for us to do so, we’d be delighted to acknowledge your gift on our website and donor boards and in our annual report.
There are several ways to support the Southbank Centre with a gift in your will:
- Pecuniary: this is when you leave a specific sum of money.
- Residuary: a legacy made up of all or part of the remaining value of your estate, once all other gifts, debts, fees and charges have been realised.
- Specific: you can leave assets such as property, stocks, shares or any other valuables.
We recommend that you seek legal advice from a qualified solicitor. If your estate is liable for inheritance tax, your legacy will reduce the overall amount of tax due on your estate. We recommend that all legacy gifts to the Southbank Centre are unrestricted.
And, if you’ve already made a will but would still like to leave us a legacy gift, you can create a codicil for this purpose.