Let The Light In
Be part of restoring Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and Hayward Gallery for the future.
Please donate today and help us to refurbish these iconic spaces for future generations
Make your mark and support the refurbishment of Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room
By the time they (temporarily) closed their doors to the public in September 2015, our iconic 1960s arts venues Queen Elizabeth Hall, Purcell Room and Hayward Gallery were in real need of some TLC. These much-loved venues have been at the heart of Southbank Centre’s 21 acre site for nearly 50 years, hosting exceptional shows and exhibitions that have inspired generations of audiences.
However, the buildings have never received the care and attention they need and deserve and we are now carrying out vital restoration work over the next two years to make them fit for future generations to enjoy. Quite simply, if we didn’t refurbish them now, they would no longer be able to stay open.
How your support will make a difference
All donations to Let The Light In will help us to create world-class arts venues for everyone and will make the following areas of work possible:
- Refurbishing Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room auditoria with enhanced acoustics and refurbished seats
- Upgrading Queen Elizabeth Hall Foyer, adding new glazing to create a light and welcoming space with views over the river
- Letting natural light into Hayward Gallery for the first time by creating a completely new set of pyramid roof lights
- Creating world-class backstage facilities for artists with a new Artists' Entrance, Artists' Bar and dressing rooms
- Providing state-of-the-art production and technical equipment
The £25 million refurbishment project has been funded by Arts Council England, Heritage Lottery Fund and through generous Southbank Centre friends supporting our Let The Light In campaign.