Queen Elizabeth Hall refurbishment
Millions of people have fond memories of performances in Queen Elizabeth Hall by some of the world’s greatest artists.
These include the likes of Daniel Barenboim, the Takács Quartet, Akram Khan, Candoco Dance, Margaret Atwood, J K Rowling, Marianne Faithfull and Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood.
Our Let the Light In renovation project will bring Queen Elizabeth Hall up to world-class standards so that we can continue to work with the finest established and emerging artists from around the world and so that audiences can continue to enjoy performances for years to come.
How your support helps
- Increase technical capacity by installing new lighting and sound equipment
- Enhance acoustics by removing outdated technical equipment
- Installing new climate control, lighting and sound equipment
- Reupholstering the iconic black leather seats to improve audience comfort
- Restore walls, floors and ceilings to their original appearance
- Install new glazing on the front corner of Queen Elizabeth Hall, flooding the foyers with natural light and views over the riverside
- Create a new and bigger café and bar, and refurbish the toilets and cloakroom
- Move the ticket office back to its original location, and reposition the foyer stage
- Refurbishing dressing rooms, including new shower facilities
- Building a brand new Artists' Entrance to improve our welcome to artists
- Upgrading both the Artists' Bar and the Green Room