Jacob’s Ladder at Southbank Centre
Grass fed, dry-aged beef burgers served by the same farmers who reared the native Sussex cows. Jacob’s Ladder Farm to fork but without the fork.
- Location: Southbank Centre Square
- Neighbours: Sambal Shiock and Bello Gnocco
- Run by: Jayne and Michael Duveen from Jacob's Ladder Farm
- Must try: classic burger, topped with raw milk blue Stichelton cheese
- Friday 12 noon – 8pm
- Saturday 11am – 8pm
- Sunday 12 noon – 6pm
- Monday (bank holidays only), 12 noon – 6pm
All their meat can be fully traced back to either Jacob’s Ladder Farm or one of a handful of farms that supply Jayne and Michael. They do their own butchery and prepare their own burgers.
The burgers have great depth and complexity of flavour because all the farms that they work with only grass feed their animals. The meat is then dry-aged for at least three weeks.
The burgers are placed on an organic brioche bun that’s toasted and drizzled with virgin olive oil. They are then topped with either a raw milk blue Stichelton or an organic, raw milk yellow Hafod cheese.