New Music: The Burning Questions with BASCA
- Nicola Le Fanu, who has composed over a hundred works which have been widely played, broadcast and recorded. She has been commissioned by the BBC, by festivals in UK and beyond, and by leading orchestras, ensembles and soloists.
- Isabel Thomson, Strategic Coordinator at Musikverket (Sweden)
- Aaron Cassidy, Professor of Composition and serving as Research Coordinator for Music and Music Technology at Huddersfield University
- Paula Wolfe, academic and songwriter, and author of Women in The Studio: Creativity, Control and Gender in Popular Music Sound Production
- Karin Rehnqvist, internationally renowned composer, Professor of Composition KMH in Stockholm, and founder of KVAST
- Christina Scharff, Senior Lecturer in Culture, Media and Creative Industries at Kings College London
- Martin Q Larsson, composer, musician and Artistic Director of Nordic Music Days 2017
The British Academy of Songwriters, Composers and Authors (BASCA) is the voice for music writers. BASCA campaigns in the UK, Europe and throughout the world.
Martin Q Larsson is a Swedish musician and composer of contemporary music. He was president of the Swedish Society of Composers from 2010 - 2017, and is president of the Council of Nordic Composers. Martin has studied composition in Stockholm, Uppsala and Amsterdam and written music for all kinds of ensembles. He has also composed for film, theatre and dance. As a musician, he plays trumpet, flugelhorn, alto horn and electronics.