- Kevin Powell, a writer, public speaker, and activist. He is the author of 12 books, including his critically acclaimed new autobiography The Education of Kevin Powell: A Boy’s Journey into Manhood (Atria Books/Simon & Schuster);
- Laura Haynes, Chairman of UN Women NCUK and actively supports UN Women in its mission for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. Working closely with partners in the public, private and academic sectors, Laura works to enhance understanding and awareness of the issues affecting women and girls worldwide, while supporting organisations to develop and implement gender equality solutions. Laura’s experience includes over 25 years helping organisations to embrace change, build and enhance culture and expand potential through a unique approach that fuses purpose driven strategy, inclusive change and creativity. These are the guiding principles behind the consultancy that she founded, with its unique Business Made Better initiative, an approach to building sustainability in every organisation. The results are sustainable brands that deliver their core purpose and nurture loyalty.
Laura has held a number of key Board positions, including, Chairman of Appetite, Director of Future London Enterprises, Board Trustee of The Legacy List, set up in 2011 by Mayor Boris Johnson to support the legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games; Board Director of ArtsCommons, , Chair of Alberta Ballet (Canada), and the Chairman of the Design Business Association.
- Henrik Marstal, Danish feminist, blogger, writer, musician and associate professor, based in Copenhagen. Co-founder of Male Feminists Europe
- Angela Saini, an award-winning science journalist, author and broadcaster, and author of Inferior: How Science Got Women Wrong – and the New Research That’s Rewriting the Story.
- Michael ‘Mikey’ J Asante is Artistic Director of award-winning hip hop dance company Blue Boy Entertainment.
Chaired by Jude Kelly, Artistic Director, Southbank Centre.
You can request British Sign Language Interpretation for this event. There are roaming BSL interpreters available on the day. If you would like a BSL interpreter for this talk, please make a request at the start of the day at our Ticket Office, Level 2, Royal Festival Hall. The talks with the most demand will be interpreted.
This event is included in both the Saturday Being A Man Pass and the Being A Man Weekend Pass.