We're collaborating with Associate Artist Counterpoints Arts to commission an artist
With Counterpoints Arts, we're looking to commission an artist with lived experience of displacement or migration to develop new live work for our public spaces.
The artist will work closely with our public programming team and Counterpoints Arts creative producers to create new work to be presented either in the indoor foyer spaces or the outdoor areas of our site.
This scheme is open to artists in the early to mid stages of their career with lived experience of displacement or migration, who have not previously presented their work in a public space.
Artist Open Call
Our shared values
Counterpoints Arts and the Southbank Centre are collaborating because we share important values:
- We support artists to share their vision and imagination with the world in their own words. Refugees and migrants make significant contributions to our arts, culture and society which often go unrecognised. They have multiple perspectives that often combine different languages, geographies and cultural perspectives, resulting in new ways of seeing and questioning.
- We believe in making and supporting inclusive work that makes connections across artforms and brings people and communities closer together.
- We believe in the potential for art to inspire social change.
- We believe art has the power to unite us, to heal us, to challenge us, to inspire us – and we want to create a fair, safe space for this to happen, that all can engage with.
- We believe in democratising the use of public space, in removing the barriers to accessing our work, and in collaborating with artists and communities to make decisions together.
- We believe in collaborating with care, for artists, staff and audiences.