Hayward Gallery Art Library
All the information you need to access the archive material, exhibition catalogues and art publications held by the Hayward Gallery Art Library.
Formerly known as the Visual Arts Library - Arts Council of Great Britain, founded in the 1940s, the Hayward Gallery Art Library was established in 1987.
The Library holds monographs, exhibition catalogues, pamphlets and ephemera focusing on modern and contemporary art.
Modern and contemporary British and international art: painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, architecture.
- Arts Council of Great Britain (ACGB) catalogues and image collections, 1942-1993
- Hayward Touring exhibition and Hayward Gallery exhibition catalogues, 1968- to date
- 22,000 monographs and exhibition catalogues
- 46 periodical and journal titles
- If you're looking for Arts Council of Great Britain (ACGB) (1945-1994) exhibition files and Hayward archives pre-1987, please contact Archive of Art and Design (V&A)
- Monday & Thursday weekly (opening times vary)
- 2-hour slots are available, visitors should book in advance
The Library welcomes research and group visits. For further information, catalogue enquiries, and to plan your visit, contact the Hayward Librarian:
Tel: 020 7921 0854
Hayward Gallery Art Library, Violet Room, Level 1, Royal Festival Hall