Members need to know
Got a question about Membership? We’ve got the answers
Your continued support of the Southbank Centre is important to us. We’ll make sure that all our Members are kept up to date on our plans in this challenging period.
Our Members Area, Level 6, Royal Festival Hall, is closed until further notice. We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the knockout views as soon as we can.
The Hayward Gallery’s Among the Trees exhibition is open. Members go free as usual, but need to book a time slot online in advance.
Make sure to log in as a Member on our website before heading to the Among the Trees page and choosing your preferred date and time to visit. You’ll find our Among the Trees page in our What’s On section.
Our website remains fully operational. All Membership benefits, including paying no booking fees and accessing presale tickets, remain available to you.
Yes, you can renew your Membership easily on our website – and doing so would make a huge difference to us. As a charity, it’s hard for us to close, and your continued support could help us to survive the financial impact of this period of closure.
How does Membership work?
Right now as a Member you can explore a forest of art with free entry to our Among the Trees exhibition, enjoy 20% off in our Hayward Gallery and online shops and get your weekly culture fix with our email, filled with great stuff to watch, read and enjoy.
When we’re back, you’ll also get access to presale tickets for all our blockbuster gigs, concerts, talks and shows and exclusive access to our Members’ Cafe-Bar with knockout views of the River Thames.
And until then, you’ll be doing your bit to support the arts at a time when it’s more important than ever. Thank you.
Southbank Centre Members have the chance to buy tickets before they go on general sale to the public, and presale tickets are available for Members on all of our events.
As a Member, you get 20% off at Southbank Centre Shops, both onsite and online. There’s also a 10% discount on all venue hire at Southbank Centre, as well as access to our Members’ Cafe-Bar two-for-one offers.
Members also get the following discounts – just show your Membership card. Please check each outlet’s website for current opening restrictions:
- 10% off at Foyles at Royal Festival Hall.
- 20% off at Skylon on the entire food and drink bill when dining in the restaurant and grill. Available for up to six people, across à la carte and set menus for lunch and dinner. Plus, 10% discount on drinks and 20% discount on food and drinks if bought together at the Skylon Terrace Bar.
- 20% off all food and drink at Topolski.
- 20% off your bill at Giraffe.
- 20% off when ordering from the à la carte menu at Ping Pong.
- 10% off at the SNOG Frozen Yogurt bus.
- Various discounts at the Southbank Centre Food Market. Our street-food vendors change regularly, so show your Membership card to see what the current offer is at each stall.
Not right now
Your payment covers a period of one year from the date we process your application. We’ll take your direct debit payment every year, but we’ll let you know before we do so.
At absolutely no extra cost to you, Gift Aid allows us to claim back 25p for every £1 that you donate to us. Gift Aid is a government scheme that helps charities like the Southbank Centre increase their income.
Simply log in to your online account and choose the payment method – remember that you’re still eligible for the direct debit discount if it’s your first time using that payment method.
If you set up a direct debit with us you’ll save money on the first year of your single or dual Membership. Your payment covers a period of one year from the date we process your application. We’ll take your direct debit payment every year, but we’ll let you know before we do so.
The direct debit discount is only available in the first year you take out Membership using this payment method.
Dual Membership means you can share all the benefits of Membership with another named person. You both get a Membership card, you can come together or independently, bring a guest each to the Members’ Cafe-Bar, and both get free entry to the Hayward Gallery.
Our Memberships are non-refundable
Members’ Cafe-Bar and guest policy
Yes, just contact us at least two days in advance with the time and number of guests you’d like to book for. We can also email you the bar menu if you’d like to see it before coming.
The maximum allowance is six people. The Members’ Cafe-Bar is a social space and tables can’t be reserved for work or business activity.
- On weekdays, 10am – 6pm, all Members are allowed to bring one guest each per day.
- On weekdays, 6pm – 11pm, and weekends, 10am – 11pm, we may be able to accommodate more guests if space is available.
To check whether you can bring additional guests, please contact us in advance.
Your guests can use the Members’ Cafe-Bar for up to 15 minutes before you get there
All laptops, tablets and e-readers need to be packed up by 5pm. After this, our Members’ Cafe-Bar is dedicated to fun and relaxation, especially in the hours leading up to evening events. Please follow our house rules and any requests from our team.
Before 5pm, you’re welcome to use your laptop, tablet, e-reader or similar devices in the designated area on the Green Side – but we can’t guarantee that there will be availability in this space.
We know the knockout views from our Members’ Cafe-Bar will impress your colleagues, but the Members’ Cafe-Bar is primarily a social space and we ask that all work-related activity is kept to an absolute minimum.
Gift Memberships are posted to your billing address. Please allow three to five working days in the UK, and a bit longer if you’re buying from overseas.
No, the recipient’s details won’t be taken until they contact us personally to activate their Membership.
Great news! You can get going with your Membership by following these steps:
- Follow the link to activate your Membership.
- When prompted, input the unique code from your gift Membership package.
- You'll receive a confirmation email with your Membership number within a day of activating your Membership. This email gives you some tips on using your benefits straight away.
- We’ll also send you a personalised Membership card, which you should receive in the post within five to seven working days.